Success Associates Career Services develops customized outplacement or transition programs for companies based on the programmatic selections described below. The exact content of the services provided will vary depending on the sponsoring company’s considerations. The sponsoring company chooses which items in the menu of selections to emphasize and how long the outplacement services last. We currently provide the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston with outplace services and have worked with other national and local firms helping laid off staff retain new employment.
Why Our Program Succeeds
For Companies Successful outplacement programs for laid off staff create internal and community goodwill for a firm, help retain existing staff, raising their morale, and, equally important, we help laid-off staff quickly regain productive employment. The small cost to a firm is vastly outweighed by the benefits to the company’s current and former staff.
For the Outplaced Clients At Success Associates outplacement clients learn how to market themselves, their careers, and their skills. We’ve found that our clients do best in terms of staying positive and landing a job because they engage with a professional in a sustained counseling / coaching relationship. This relationship is crucial to the process. Each client has a personal coach with whom they can connect, get feedback, discuss career alternatives, develop accountability, and practice their job search skills. We help our clients move out of their comfort zone to do the work needed to land their next position.
Career Materials Each client will receive as part of a typical outplacement package: extensive career and job search coaching, a job search workbook, vocational assessments, career audio CDs and DVDs, a LinkedIn Profile and a professionally created resume.
Cost of Services The cost of services varies with the company budget for such services and the needs of the client. Services are added or deleted depending on company and client circumstances. The cost of the above professional level Career Outplacement Service Package is negotiated with the client company and is payable in advance. There is no refund for early placement.
Companies typically purchase from as little as one or two hours of personalized outplacement services to 15 or 40 hours for released professional staff. Costs will vary with hours of service provided and are negotiated with the company. These costs are inclusive of all materials, books, assessments and resume development.
The typical outplacement program contains some or all of the below components:
- Career Self-Assessment Develop a clear career goal suited to the client’s talents and strengths.
- Targeted Job Search Action Plan Develop a targeted Job Search Action Plan.
- Resume Preparation Assist client in the preparation of a professional resume.
- Networking & Self Marketing Learning how to market yourself through networking.
- Staying Positive, Motivated & Confident During The Job Search To learn how to stay positive and motivated during a potentially lengthy job search.
- Interviewing & Negotiating Offers To master the art of interviewing and the skills of salary negotiation.
- Job Search Success Team Those receiving outplacement services have the option of participating in one of Success Associates Job Search Success Teams.
Scheduled appointments are held at Success Associates offices or at other agreed upon places and/or by phone. Clients will also be urged to participate in professional networking groups and support groups.