Career Counseling Services
At Success Associates career counseling is a collaborative process that will help you clarify your purpose, understand your special strengths, and develop challenging yet attainable career goals. We believe it is possible to move from work that is just OK, to work that fits who you are, building on your skills, interests and talents. Today income, security and achievement all flow to those who find work they love. We will help you attain that goal.
Career success also involves knowing how to job hunt in today’s competitive labor market of scanned resumes, stress interviews and short-term gigs. We’ll help you take action to realize your goals by preparing you to market yourself. You’ll learn how to create a powerful resume, how to create a network of job contacts using area networking groups and LinkedIn.com, and you’ll learn how to impress employers when interviewing.
We provide these career services to help you advance:
- A Career Assessment Package (see below)
- Assessment Tests measuring career interests, personality factors and skills
- Career Counseling and Coaching
- Private Outplacement Services
- Individualized Resume Development
- Career Management Workshops
- Job Search Success Teams
- Links to Metro-Boston’s professional organizations and networking groups
How we can help you to achieve your career goals
CAREER ASSESSMENT PACKAGE
We have developed a special package of services at an affordable price that will help you quickly identify a career goal that’s right for you. It includes:
- help in developing a career goal that matches your talents to today’s job market
- an individualized interpretation of five assessment tools: the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory, the Strong Interest Assessment, the Clifton Strengths Finder 2.0, the Skills Scan, and the Career Anchors Values Assessment
- a Skills Assessment process helping you identify areas where you have excelled and produced results
- a workbook with exercises and readings to augment the counseling process
- a Career Action Plan to help you achieve your short and long-term goals
Fee: This five-session package is an investment in yourself that will benefit you throughout a lifetime! Costs vary with the services required. Payment plans are available.
Individual tests and interpretations: $125
CUSTOMIZED RESUME DEVELOPMENT
Resumes can open or shut doors of opportunity. If your resume isn’t getting the results you desire we’ll help you create a resume with impact, one that employers will respond to because it shows the results you’ve produced. We also help you prepare a LinkedIn profile to use when networking and an “electronic resume” that you can post on appropriate websites.
Fee: Three price ranges available depending upon your needs.
JOB SEARCH SUCCESS TEAMS
Success Associates offers four times a year a five week Job Search Success Team. When you look for work by yourself, isolation, inexperience and shaky morale will hold you back. Success Teams use a powerful team process to help you realize your career potential. You’ll find yourself working harder, enjoying it more and landing sooner. Participating in a Success Team will fire you up and give you the momentum you need to land a job.
For a complete description, as well as dates for the next session, see our Job Search Success Team page.
Fee: $297 includes all materials
PRIVATE OUTPLACEMENT COUNSELING
Many professionals receive funds for outplacement services from employers. We will create with you an individualized outplacement package to meet your needs for career reemployment services. Success Associates currently provides Outplacement Services for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese and has been employed by other national and local firms to provide career services to laid off staff.
For more details about this service, see our Outplacement Services page.
Fee: Outplacement packages are negotiated with employer and/or client.